Early Years Foundation Stage
RECEPTION 2017 2018
Do you want to be friends?
In this Cornerstones© topic the children will explore friendships and how to help each other. Lines of enquiry include :
* being kind * cooperation * our school jigsaw rules * people who help us in school * people who help us at home * Self portraits * working together * taking photographs * role play areas
Can I switch it on?
In this Cornerstones© topic children will explore technology and how things work. Lines of enquiry include :
* technology in school * technology at home * safety and electricity * communication * photography * working together * digital clocks and time * safe and fun websites * technology in role play areas
Are we there yet?
In this Cornerstones© topic children will explore movement and transport. Lines of enquiry include :
* how things move * different types of transport * how fast? * keeping safe near roads * imaginary and real journeys * transport themed role play and outside games * moving in PE * models to build
Will you read me a story?
In this Cornerstones© topic children will enjoy fairy stories.
Lines of enquiry include :
* good and bad in stories * dressing up * castles and homes * telling and recording stories * making model worlds * Baking gingerbread people * fairy tale role play area * weighing magic apples
Why do ladybirds have spots?
In this Cornerstones© topic children will explore the world of minibeasts and find out about spiders and ants and things that move under rocks! Lines of enquiry include :
* the local environment * growth and change * similarities and differences * patterns and colours * plants * fact books * computers and research * counting spots * plant collages * role play campsite
Why are carrots orange?
In this Cornerstones© topic the children will explore food and what we eat. Lines of enquiry include :
* Favourite foods * taste * cooking * where does food come from? * healthy food * healthy exercise * keeping safe in the kitchen * vegetable art * kitchen role play area * growing plants