If you are considering Jubilee Wood for your child for either a Reception, Year 3 or an in-year place in any year group, please refer to the admissions criteria as set out below.
We accept 60 children to our Reception Classes each September, and can offer as many as 60 places to new Year 3 pupils every September as well, mostly children that have left local infant schools.
Occasionally spaces in various year groups become available mid-year; parents should enquire though the school office if they are interested in any of these.
Summary of Admissions Criteria
The school will accept all children with an EHC plan that names Jubilee Wood Primary School within it. In the event there are more applications than places available, applications will be ranked as follows:
- A looked after child or previously looked after child.
- A sibling at the school who is expected to be on roll at the school at the time of admission of the younger sibling and the place of residence is within the catchment area (see definition below) of the school.
- The child’s place of residence is within the catchment area of the school and there is no sibling.
- There is already a sibling at the school who is expected to be on roll at the school at the time of admission of the younger sibling and the place of residence is outside of the catchment area.
- The child has previously been attending Jubilee Wood Caterpillars Nursery for a minimum of one full term.
- Children of staff at the school where the member of staff has been employed at the school for two or more years at the time at which the application for admission to the school is made, and/or the member of staff is recruited to fill a vacant post for which there is a demonstrable skill shortage.
- Distance from the school to the place of residence.
In the event of there being more applicants meeting any of the criteria above, places will be allocated in distance order using the distance between the child’s normal home address and the school’s main entrance, measured in a straight line, using the council’s computerised measuring system with those living closest to the school receiving the higher priority. In the event of joint over-subscription, having exhausted distance, random allocation will be used as the ultimate tiebreaker.
For applicants living in flats, the distance will be measured from the school’s main entrance to the front door of the ground floor flat underneath the applicant’s main residence. Where two or more pupils live at the same distance, the tie breaker will be random allocation.
School Catchment Area
The catchment area is The Hub, South Central Milton Keynes, South West part of Fishermead. Oldbrook for pupils in years 3 to 6 only.
For pupils in key stage 1 the North West part of Oldbrook only as follows:
Shackleton Place (even numbers), Trueman Place (odd numbers), Sutcliffe Avenue (number 38 upwards), Boycott Avenue (number 45 upwards), Hutton Avenue (number 4 upwards) Oldbrook Boulevard (number 178 upwards), Dexter Avenue (number 16 upwards), Edrich Avenue (number 9 upwards), The Boundary (odd numbers 1‐87 and even numbers 2‐66), Larwood Place, Verity Place and Arlott Crescent.
Full details of our approach to admissions is provided in the policy document that can be accessed through the link below:
Milton Keynes Admissions Arrangements
Please refer to the council’s website for a detailed copy of the admission arrangements for children starting school for the first time or transferring from an infant school at the end of Year 2 in September 2021.
Consultation on proposed Admission Arrangements
for September 2025
(22 November 2023 - 24 January 2024)
We are consulting on our Admission Arrangements for September 2025. A copy of the draft arrangements can be accessed below. There are no changes proposed to our pupil admissions number of 60 for entry to Reception. It is proposed that the number of additional places offered at year 3 reduces from 60 to 30. This change is consistent with both enrolment trends in previous years and forecast for future years. If you have any comments regarding this consultation, please email email@example.com
If you would like a paper copy of the document please contact the school on 01908 257810
The consultation process will close on 24st January 2024. Following the consultation process the final admission arrangements will be published on the school website by 11th March 2024.