What specialist services and expertise are available?
- Our SENDCo is fully qualified and accredited.
- As a school we work closely with any external agencies that we feel are relevant to individual children’s needs within our school including: -
Behaviour Intervention; Health including – GPs, school nurse, clinical psychologist, paediatricians, speech & language therapists; occupational therapists; social services including social workers when required.
- The school also employs an Educational Psychologist as required to liaise with staff and work under the direction of the SENDCo, with vulnerable children and parents during the school day.
WHAT TRAINING HAVE THE STAFF SUPPORTING CHILDREN WITH SEND HAD OR ARE CURRENTLY HAVING?
- All staff are trained to level 1 of Autism awareness, with some key staff trained to Level 2.
* All staff who work with children have Attachment Disorder Awareness Training.
- A few staff members have had diabetes awareness and administration training.
- Most staff are First Aid trained.
- A member of is trained to provide Signs of Safety mentoring for children.
- The Senior Leadership Team and Pastoral Leaders across the school have support and updates in how to de-escalate conflict and avoid unnecessary restraint for distressed children.
- All our Teachers and TAs have had training in delivering the reading and spelling / phonics programme. They are also trained in the delivery of Power Maths (our scheme based on Singapore Mathematics delivery).